Questions regarding life and the human experience has been prevalent in my life since I was a child. This curiosity means that I dive into a wide range of topics and activities aside from psychology and philosophy, among others meditation, music, nature, chemistry, biologi, IT and different areas related to physical health. My experience is that this curiosity contributes to clients sensing a sincere interest in their experience. I have also traveled a lot in Asia, the US and Europe and have experienced a lot of different cultures, thus giving me a greater understanding of the way culture influences us, and perhaps even more importantly; a greater insight into that which is common for all of us human beings.
As a psychologist and human being I have found it meaningful to work from an approach focused on presence, meaning and connection. Aside from my education as a psychologist I have an education in existential therapy. I combine the existential approach with Acceptance and Commitment Therapy as well as Compassion Focused Therapy. I include mindfulness and meditation practices in the therapy when it makes sense to the client. Several of my travels in Asia, the US and Europe has been centered around meditation and studies of the underlying philosophy.
In order to continuously deepen my understanding and professional practice, I participate in courses on a regular basis and have frequent contact with other professionals. Some of the settings for this is therapy and supervision.
Therapy and Supervision
Particularly in the existential approach and in ACT, we view the psychologist as a human being on the same level as the client. Thus, for many years it has been of great importance to me to be in therapy myself. The three primary frameworks I have undergone therapy in are existential, psychodynamic and cognitive.
I have received supervision on a regular basis all throughout my career by specialists in the field of psychiatry, experienced psychologists within the field of pedagogical and developmental psychology, as well as a specialist within the field of work and organizational psychology.
I view having a space for reflection and personal as well as professional development as an essential element in ensuring that I can help clients in the best way possible and will therefore continue to prioritize these activities. My current supervison is with psychologists specialized in the combination of ACT and philosophical, existential perspectives.
- 2019 – : Independent Practice
- 2018-2019: Therapist at Brydehuset Ballerup addiction treatment center
- 2015: Volunteer therapist in TUBA Odense for adults having grown up with parents with substance use challenges
- 2014-2018: Psychologist in Svendborg Municipality working with children and adolescents, their parents and professionals
Work Experience During My Studies
- 2013-2014: Group counselor for a group of adolescents in cooperation with the youth department in the municipality of Aalborg
- 2011-2014: Volunteer counselor at the Social Emergency Unit
- 2010-2014: The department of social psychiatry in Aalborg
- 2010-2013: Home care for people with mental disabilities
- 2007-2008: Home care for elderly
- 2020: Course in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Anxiety and Depression, Russ Harris, cand.med. and psychotherapist
- 2020: Course in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Trauma, Russ Harris, cand.med. and psychotherapist
- 2019: Course in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Rikke Kjelgaard, cand.psych.
- 2018: Medical Certificate in Clinical Hypnotherapy, London College of Clinical Hypnosis
- 2017: Course in narrative conversations, Anette Holmgren, cand.psych., specialist in psychotherapy
- 2016: Training in the projective test Rorschach, Kim Gabriel Hansen, cand.psych. et art., specialist and supervisor in psychotherapy
- 2016: Course in personality disorders and personality theory, Morten Kjølbye, Clinical Associate Professor, MD, specialist and supervisor in psychotherapy
- 2015: Education in existential phenomenological therapy, supervision and consultation, Vibe Strøier, cand.psych., specialist and supervisor in psychotherapy as well as in work and organizational psychology
- 2015: Course in the development of ressource focused interdisciplinary meetings with the participation of children and adolescents, Dr. Tracey Colville and psychologist Sandra Montgomery
- 2012-2014: Master of Science in Psychology (MS)
- 2009-2012: Bachelor of Science in Psychology (BS)
- 2006-2008: Higher Preparatory Examination (HF)