I have had a curiosity regarding us as humans and life as a whole since I was a child. Curiosity is what drives me to dive into various fields other than psychology and philosophy on a regular basis such as music, nature, meditation, chemistry, biology, IT as well as areas related to physical health. My experience is that curiosity is contributing to clients experiencing a genuine interest in their experience. Previously I have traveled a lot in Asia, the US and Europe, getting insights into different cultures, which has given me a deeper and broader understanding of the influence that culture has on us as well as what is shared for human beings.
I have found that it is meaningful for me to work with approaches that emphasize presence, meaning and connection. I primarily work with existential therapy as well as approaches from the 3rd wave of cognitive therapy like Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT). I also use elements from 2nd wave cognitive therapy as well as narrative therapy and experience it all being very well connected and complimentary. Mindfulness and meditation is a big part of my life, which is why I find the 3rd wave approaches – that utilize mindfulness practices – so beneficial. Quite a few of my travels in Asia, the US and Europe have entailed meditation training as well as studies in the philosophies it is rooted in.
- 2020 – : Independent Practice
- 2018-2019: Therapist at Brydehuset addiction treatment center
- 2015: Volunteer therapist in TUBA
- for adults having grown up with parents with substance use challenges
- 2014-2018: Psychologist in Svendborg Municipality working with children and adolescents, their parents and professionals
- 2013-2014: Group counselor for a group of adolescents in cooperation with the youth department in the municipality of Aalborg
- 2011-2014: Volunteer counselor at the Social Emergency Unit
- 2010-2014: The department of social psychiatry in Aalborg
- 2010-2013: Home care for people with mental disabilities
- 2007-2008: Home care for elderly
- 2020: Course in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Anxiety and Depression, online, Russ Harris
- 2020: Course in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Trauma, online, Russ Harris
- 2019: Course in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Rikke Kjelgaard, cand.psych.
- 2018: Medical Certificate in Clinical Hypnotherapy, London College of Clinical Hypnosis
- 2017: Course in narrative conversations, Anette Holmgren, cand.psych., specialist in psychotherapy
- 2016: Training in the projective test Rorschach, Kim Gabriel Hansen, cand.psych. et art., specialist and supervisor in psychotherapy
- 2016: Course in personality disorders and personality theory, Morten Kjølbye, Clinical Associate Professor, MD, specialist and supervisor in psychotherapy
- 2015: Education in existential phenomenological therapy, supervision and consultation, Vibe Strøier, cand.psych., specialist and supervisor in psychotherapy as well as in work and organizational psychology
- 2015: Course in the development of ressource focused interdisciplinary meetings with the participation of children and adolescents, Dr. Tracey Colville and psychologist Sandra Montgomery
- 2012-2014: Master of Science in Psychology (MS)
- 2009-2012: Bachelor of Science in Psychology (BS)
I have received supervision on a regular basis all throughout my career by specialists in the field of psychiatry, experienced psychologists within the field of pedagogical and developmental psychology, as well as a specialist within the field of work and organizational psychology. I view having a space for reflection and personal as well as professional development as an essential element in ensuring that I can help clients in the best way possible and therefore continue to prioritize these activities.